function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ajay0105Ajay0105 

Creating case through email with attachment | Attachment Lost

Hi All,

I am creating a case using email-to-case feature Though I am successfully able to  create a case while sending an email.

Problem arises when I am attaching a .txt in a email and  try to open a case through I am successfully created a case  but

without the attachment or .txt file.

Could anyone help me how can I achieve it.

My requirement is I have to create a case everytime someone send a mail to a particular e-mail ID.and I want the .txt file

should also be get  when the case will get created.I want the attachment or .txt file should get attached in the case as attachment while creating a case

Problem-:. txt  file I am attaching in a e-mail will not be there in the case just created.

I have one soution tha I can go to Setup -> Cases -> Page Layout -> Edit -> choose related lists -> drag email into related lists. and I can see my attachment.

But want the accachment to get accached in the Attachment section. 

Can any one plz help me in achieving this through trigger ?????

_Prasu__Prasu_

Attachments are added under the emailMessage records under Case. So if you open the EmailMessage created for that Case, you should be able to see txt file as attachment below that.

You can write a trigger on EmailMessage object to move those attachments to Case record

Ajay0105Ajay0105

Thanks Prassna,

That's exactly I am asking How to move those attachment to case record...?