function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hengky IlawanHengky Ilawan 

How to keep track of changes?

Hi,

I am dealing with a lot of change requests to my company org, and sometimes I need to put aside a request and work on a new one because it is top priority. And sometimes the changes are not quickly deployed to production and being hold in sandbox for some reasons. Now there are quite a number of changes in the sandbox and I kind of lose track of which changes are for which request.

How do you guys deal with the similar issue?

Thanks!

Hengky

SabrentSabrent

we have built a simple app which is focussed around lists of tasks, and allows users  to communicate on tasks. Most of it is done declaratively with only 1 trigger.

Have you checked Milestones PM - Project and Task Management? You may want to search in App Exchange.

Madhan Raja MMadhan Raja M

Hi Hengky,

I faced the same kind of issue and now I am maintaining an Excel sheet to keep track of all the changes that are required to be done in sandbox and production instance.

Madhan Raja M

GrrrrrrrrrrrrrGrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hengky,

I created a Custom Object that I use as a Project Management tool.  I set it up so that anyone can add a project, and I can close them out as I need to.  I did this in SF so that I could use the reporting tool to tell me when a project has been open for "X" amount of days, or if a project has not been assigned or updated after it is created.  Since I have put that into place, I have noticed a better flow on our projects.  (Added bonus, instead of getting 20 calls a week asking about a pending project, they can now log in to see the list of projects that are in the works, and what progress has been made).

Hope that helps!

Hengky IlawanHengky Ilawan

Thanks all for your suggestion.

Really appreciate it.

Regards,

Hengky