function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bobochkabobochka 

Customer Portal User Portal Roles

Hello,

I see Portal Roles for partner portal users, but not for the customer portal users. Can enable them somehow? What I want to do exactly is to share custom object between several customer portal users that aren't belong to one account - there definitely should be a decision but haven't found it.

Thanks.

XackXack
as per: http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/customer_portal_manage_users.htm#CProlehierarchy

When you enable a Customer Portal on an account, the system creates a role hierarchy for the account's portal users. The portal roles are unique for each account and include the account's name. For example, “Account A Customer User.” In your organization's overall role hierarchy, this account-specific hierarchy is directly below the account owner.
The roles in a portal role hierarchy are fixed. You cannot customize them or add new ones. They are:

Executive—for contacts
Manager—for contacts
User—for contacts
Person Account—for person accounts

Note: You cannot create a Customer Portal user associated with an account owned by a partner user.
bobochkabobochka

Thanks for the reply, but the problem that I don't have roles for Customers beeing generated. Seems that the issue is that the High Volume Customer portal users can't have roles, ok, but how to solve the problem i.e. how to allow customer portal users from different accounts view one record in portal?

SFFSFF

Simple answer? You can't. Customer portal users are chained to a single Account. Now, you can share a custom record with ALL users, and you may - I haven't tested this - be able to set up a criteria-based sharing rule with something other than roles, but you can't do this with roles because customer portal roles are specific to a single account.

Hope this helps,