function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonny.KatesJonny.Kates 

Case escalation rules not actually triggering an escalation

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a case escalation rule that should escalate a case that has been submitted via our web-to-case inquiry form 2 weeks (336 hours) after the date it is created, if it is not yet closed.

1. My case escalation rule filter says to trigger if origin is web (we get some other support ticket routes by email)
  2. Then I create an escalation action to alert a certain Salesforce user by email template. For testing purposes, I've set the age over value to 0 hours 30 minutes.
  3. When I create a case with origin web, I now expect the escalation to trigger if it is not set to a closed status within half an hour. It doesn't - and I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong in such a seemingly simple set up.

What's more curious is that if I look in the administration setup > monitoring > case escalations, I can see that my test case is queued up to be escalated 30 minutes after creation - a time that has already elapsed.

Any ideas?

Hengky IlawanHengky Ilawan

Hi,

Is this in sandbox?

Case escalation does not work in sandbox unfortunately.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_sandbox_implementation_tips.htm&language=en_US

Regards,

Hengky