function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gyip31gyip31 

Workflow Formula to Trigger Email

Hi,

New to enterprise edition. =)

I need a workflow formula that will trigger an email based on the following criteria:

A lead that has been contacted with no activity for 14 days the workflow action will trigger an email. 

According to the salesforce support, I need a custom workflow formula to set this up. Can anyone help me out. 

Thanks,

Gary

RollNo1RollNo1

(Lead: Lead StatusEQUALSWorking - Contacted) AND (Lead: Last Modified ByEQUALSToday()+14)

Hope this helps

Madhan Raja MMadhan Raja M

Gary, you need to write a Time-Dependent Workflow for the given scenario.

Madhan Raja M

gyip31gyip31
Sorry to have to ask you. I tried adding your formula along with some extra criteria and it wont work, any advice?  This my first time learning how to write formulas. 

(Organization_Type__c  = business/company || photography/art) AND (OwnerId  = 00530000007jMIb) AND (Lead: Lead StatusEQUALSWorking - Contacted) AND (Lead: Last Modified ByEQUALSToday()+14)

Also, can you explain what Lead: Lead StatusEQUALSWorking - Contacted is? I have never seen lead status EQUALSWORKING before. 

Thanks
RollNo1RollNo1

As Madhan Raja M mentioned Time dependent Workflow is a best option.

Use your logic + Lead Status -> Open Not Contacted(Since no activity on lead has been done)

Under Workflow Actions you can See -> Time-Dependent Workflow Actions -> Click Time Trigger -> 14days after Last Modified Date of Lead(Every time a record has been created and no activity on lead for 14 days will trigger this workflow) -> then add a workflow email alert(as required).

gyip31gyip31

Thanks for the response, the problem is the formula of my logic (Rule Criteria) :

(Organization_Type__c  = business/company || photography/art) AND (OwnerId  = 00530000007jMIb) AND (Lead: Lead StatusEQUALSWorking - Contacted) AND (Lead: Last Modified ByEQUALSToday()+14)

Is not working, I keep getting an error.  It either says that there is an extra AND or extra "(". 

Any advice on how to right the correct formula?

Thanks

Gary