function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
avtopi786avtopi786 

Integration Best Practice

Hi,

I am looking for articles or resource on SFDC integration best practice. I am currently working on project where our client would like to make web service API call to SFDC every 5 seconds for any add/updates. The 5 seconds interval time is very short. Also, SFDC enforces limit on number of API call you can make per day. 

Is there standard on best practice for SFDC web service calls that you can share ?

thanks in advance,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

If you are looking for more real-time like integration to send data from salesforce.com to an external system, look into Outbound Messaging. You can setup an endpoint on your end and salesforce.com will post changes to it based on workflow rules. 

If you do want to write a poller to constantly get data from salesforce.com, read the data replication best practices section here.

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

If you are looking for more real-time like integration to send data from salesforce.com to an external system, look into Outbound Messaging. You can setup an endpoint on your end and salesforce.com will post changes to it based on workflow rules. 

If you do want to write a poller to constantly get data from salesforce.com, read the data replication best practices section here.

This was selected as the best answer
master_blastermaster_blaster

Hi, i am looking for a document where i can find the pros and cons for each approch. Do we have any such document.