function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trick12trick12 

Data Loader and Price book Entry

Hi Friends,

I have etracted some data from one instance and i am trying to upload in another through data loader.

I have been able to extract data which is in Excel file and then I am able to upload to the standard price book and from there I want to move that data to custom price book names pps.

I have been able to load data to the standard price but Everytime I try to move data to the custom price book I get an err meesage in the excel sheet along with other data.

Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0SIAW Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0TIAW

Guys can any one of you tell me why am I getting this error what is that I am not doing correctly.Please help

Thanks,

Trick 12

JimRaeJimRae

Looks like you might have your mapping set incorrectly. As far as I can tell, an object of 01u is a pricebook, your error appears to indicate you are trying to map it to the product id.

One thing about moving from one instance to another, you can't copy any of the ideas from one instance to another, you need to recreate them.

you need to get your standard pricebook's ID and your custom pricebooks id in the new instance, and update your source file with those values before you load the data.

TrickTrick

Hi jim,

I have been creating product Id's and Pricebook id's and moving them to another table and then I am inserting them.

I will do it again and then get back to you with more infromation to get more help from you on this topic.

Thanks,

Trick

TrickTrick

Hi Jim  and others,

I tried and it's working.I was able to upload 2 custom book entries and 2 failed I do not know the reason .I have another problem.I have 10 custom books and I just want to move 4 customs books to another instance.When I export data from the instance to Excel sheet i am getting more than 40 ,0000 records. I do not want so many records to be expoerted.Is there a way to export data directly listed under the 4 custom books. If u know please help me

Thanks,

Trick

JimRaeJimRae

You should be able to filter the export by the pricebookid, just add the pricebookid field as a where clause and use the equals operator.  You the add the 4 books IDs separated by commas.

TrickTrick

Do u mean while exporting the products I should use pricebook ID assigned 4 different custom ids seperated with commas. 

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Trick

JimRaeJimRae

Sorry, I misunderstood. You would need to extract the pricebook entries for the 4 custom pricebooks, and then match the products from those with the full product extraction that you did.

My data analyst usually uses MSAccess to do this.

TrickTrick

Thanks Jim

I am glad that my problem is over.