function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jig1jig1 

Ajax timeout issues with IE8 on Account view

Hello all.  I am not sure if this is an issue with just our site, but when we are on the Account view and double click a field on the page to edit it and click the "Save" button it normally works.

However for one of our fields, a Phone number field, when we double click the field to edit it, and click "Save" we get a timeout error

Message: 'document.forms.echoScontrolForm_066A0000001MXsl' is null or not an object

Line: 143

Char: 1

Code: 0

This is only happening in IE 8.  Doesnt seem to be happening in Chrome and Firefox.

And finally, when we do click on the "Save" button, we see a "Saving..." button twice.  Does that happen to anyone else?  I see the button on IE 8 and Chrome.  Not sure if the issue is related to the one above.

Thanks.

*werewolf**werewolf*

For the first one: do you perhaps have any Scontrols on the page that might be doing something unexpected?

For the double Saving buttons, that's normal.  Basically all the buttons gray themselves out and say "Saving" so you don't push any of them and inadvertently stop the save operation.

jig1jig1

Based off what you asked, it looks like our custom VF page is causing the issue.  We are overriding the default View page for our Leads and Accounts, and it seems it doesnt like it.  I also used Firebug in FireFox and its getting the same JS error as IE 8.  Here is our custom VF page.  We are using the new API 21 feature, the inlineEdit="true" which allows the AJAX double click to edit feature.  Would you know if this is the right way to do it?  Thanks.

<apex:page standardController="Lead" extensions="GetSessionControllerExtension">
<apex:form >
<apex:detail subject="{!Lead.Id}" relatedList="true" inlineEdit="true" />

</apex:form>
<apex:pageblock >
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="pbTitle">
<apex:iframe width="100%" height="800px" src="URL" scrolling="true" id="theIframe"/>

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:page>

jig1jig1

Wow it looks like if i remove the inlineEdit="true" and remove the <apex:form /> from the page, it works flawlessly.  Only prob is we cant do inline editing.  I will try contacting SF support and see if its a bug on their side, or if what I am doing is wrong.

Seems like it doesnt like forms within forms?