function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TrickTrick 

Opportunity and Account related problem

Hi Friends,

I have to download certian accounts and upload them into another instance.Then I have to doownload opportunities related to accounts and upload into another instance.I am using data loader.Can somebody please give me steps on how to go about it?

I can export accounts easily into the excel sheet which can be uploaded into another instance.After that I can download opportunities.Now,I am not able to figure out how to associate accounts with opportunities.

Guys,Please help me soon as I need to do this quickly.

Thanks,

Trick

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Hello,

When I did this, I approached it in the following way.

I created a field in both instances called "Org 1 ID" in one, and "Org 2 ID" in the other. I then set these fields to external ID's. I then took the record ID for accounts from org 1 and loaded into org 2, under org 1 id, the reversed this process to load Org 2's ID's into Org 1's custom field. I also did the same for contact.

Then when you go to move any related object into the new instance you can use the auto match with the external ID field we created from the account/Contact.

It is a long process however it ensures that all the related object tie in nicely.

PS I used the Data loader

Hope that helps,

PB