function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
huskerwendyhuskerwendy 

Mass email accounts and include all contact info

We would like to send out an email to our accounts to verify all of the info for the contacts on the account. I understand that we can't email an account because there's not an email associated with it.

Preferably, we want to send one email to the owner and include all of the contact info for each contact in one email. Is there a way to email one contact and add all of the other contact info to the same email? If not, has anyone used any other tools that make this possible?

Thanks for the help,

Wendy

AdyAdy

Hi Wendy,

If you want to send a mail when you insert/update an account/contact, you can use a trigger to send a mail. If its a button on the detail page, a VF page/class would work.

Hope this helps...

Have fun..

huskerwendyhuskerwendy

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the reply. We actually want to send out a mass email and include all the contacts for one account in one email. Is there a way to do that? Thanks for your hlep.

Wendy

AdyAdy

I would suggest to write a trigger after insert/update sending the mail to the owner. This will help you send the email of the Account to the respective owners as soon as the record is created or updated.

Mass email below user will not work if the recipientType is Account.

If I am out of track, I am very sorry..

huskerwendyhuskerwendy

So sorry, but when I said I wanted to send an email to the owner, I meant the owner of the company not the owner in Salesforce. I realize that was not communicated well at all.

What we're trying to do is send a one-time email to all of our Accounts that includes a list of all the contacts we have for that account and have one person from the company verify the contact information for everyone at the company.  Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help.

AdyAdy

Hi,

I hope this will help you (an alternative, if you havent found a suitable solution).

1. Create a report for the account and contact with/ without filter

2. Schedule the report and select the owner (to whom you want to send) as running user and save. With the options you have, you can make sure that the mail is sent only once.

The only pain with this, the email length will increase with the increase in the number of records.

Regards