function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The_London_ScottThe_London_Scott 

"Email to Salesforce" address accessible via API?

I would like to include the parameter

&bcc=[user's Email to Salesforce address]

in a custom URL button (or Javascript for that matter).  I find no documentation for a user field representing the user's Email to Salesforce address, leading me to suspect it is not accessible via the API or for use as a merge field like this.

Has anyone succeeded in incorporating the Email to Salesforce address into a custom button or a Visualforce page?

sales@mucca.desales@mucca.de

The_London_Scott wrote:

I would like to include the parameter

&bcc=[user's Email to Salesforce address]

in a custom URL button (or Javascript for that matter).  I find no documentation for a user field representing the user's Email to Salesforce address, leading me to suspect it is not accessible via the API or for use as a merge field like this.

Has anyone succeeded in incorporating the Email to Salesforce address into a custom button or a Visualforce page?

Instead of     &bcc=user@email.com

try   &p5={!User.Email}

p5 is the id of the BCC field on the page source code. You get this by generating an empty email and display the Browser's page source code. Search for "BCC" (Ctrl+F) and you find some tag attributes. Among them there is one called <textarea ...id="p5" ...>

Thanks sales@mucca.de for your reply, but perhaps I should have made my question clearer.  Learning that bcc: is the p5 parameter is helpful, but what I am really after is the merge field that represents the user's "Email to Salesforce" address.  

This is not User.Email, is is a long address (sample: emailtosalesforce@0235ffdsdfsad98dvfj4i549540njh3.in.salesforce.com). BCC'ing this address causes an email sent from a system other than SFDC to be saved as a task in SFDC.  I am tryiing to find out if p5 can be set to a user's "email to Salesforce" address programmatically.

John EastvoldJohn Eastvold
@The_London_Scott,

I'm looking for the exact same thing.  Did you ever find any resolution to this?
@The_London_Scott,

Still looking for a solution on this.  Did you ever figure it out?
Nothing found yet, I'm afraid.

@The_London_Scott,

I think I found a really solid lead! 

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000008ufqIAA

Lots of comments to read through, but towards the bottom, Paul_Brinker posts where the value actually lives. EmailServicesAddress table > EmailDomainName field.  Here are some more details on that object: https://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_emailservicesaddress.htm.  

Something else I read that I'll have to test is that a user's Email To Salesforce isn't created until they initiate it.

Hope this helps!

John
Scott FletcherScott Fletcher
Thanks John, this is in fact just what I was after!