function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sbangasbanga 

Custom Report Type not filtering results - Accounts with Contacts and Opportunities

I am trying to create a report that displays Accounts, opportunities and contact information in one report. I have created a custom report type - Account with Contacts with Opportunities. When you run the report it brings up all Accounts that have Contacts whether they have an Opportunity or not. I tried to use aFilter, Opportunity Name "does not equal" _____(blank so it eliminates opps that dont have a name, hence dont exist), however I cant get the filter to work. It still brings up all accounts and contacts whether they have an oportunity or not.

1. Not all our Opportunities have Contact roles, therefore we dont want to run a report that uses Contact Roles

2. The goal is to see Accounts, Opportunities adn Contacts in the same report, however only for Accounts that have an Opportunity.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sandeep

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Custom report types are "exception" reports, meaning that they work the same as the "LEFT JOIN" keyword in SQL. Additionally, they are designed in a way that doesn't allow "up and down" relationships (i.e. up from opportunity to account, then down from account to contact). According to my understanding, you would have to have Opportunities be the primary object, then go over to Contacts, then over to Accounts. Of course, this only works if you are using Contact Roles. Short of using the built-in functionality of Contact Roles, I don't believe you'll be able to effectively create this type of report.
sbangasbanga

Thanks for your suggestions. I created another report type with opps and contact roles, and was able to access Account fields using lookups as the custom report types do not allow going back up in hierarchy. This seems to be working for now. Also for some reason I can use criteria to filter these records, which wasn't working on the previous report type.

Thanks again!