function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MTBRiderMTBRider 

Dataloader error - duplicate value found...

I have a dataloader job that does a upsert on contact.  It tries to match on a unique external ID call CBC_ID__C.  I am pretty regularly getting contact upsert errors on some records and the error message is something like:

duplicate value found: CBC_Id__c duplicates value on record with id: 0036000000sNLHF

When I try to look up the SF record with ID 0036000000sNLHF, it does not exist.  Does any one know what the deal is?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MTBRiderMTBRider

I have resolved the issue with this.  The problem seems to be a bug in most likely Dataloader.   The custom field CBC_ID__C is set up as a external ID and is set up to enforce uniqueness.  I fixed the issue by simply taking off the Unique flag on the field.

Doing this also eliminated the "Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers..." errors that I was getting (see my other post from the same day as this one) which was probably firing do to all of the rejects due to this issue.

All Answers

MTBRiderMTBRider

I have resolved the issue with this.  The problem seems to be a bug in most likely Dataloader.   The custom field CBC_ID__C is set up as a external ID and is set up to enforce uniqueness.  I fixed the issue by simply taking off the Unique flag on the field.

Doing this also eliminated the "Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers..." errors that I was getting (see my other post from the same day as this one) which was probably firing do to all of the rejects due to this issue.

This was selected as the best answer
mweissmweiss

I am having this same problem, only I want the external IDs to remain unique, that way I know that I am updating the same files every time and not creating new ones. Is there a reason why the data loader will encounter an error when it reaches a record that it matches rather than updating it?