function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VaricentVaricent 

Single sign on from salesforce login page

Hi

We have a web application that the client can install and run. The application supports SAML2 and we were able to configure a enviornment such that user would be able to single sign on to our app and salesforce at the same time using OpenSSO.

However, I am recently required to go one step further. I am asked to see if there is a way that the client does not have to go to OpenSSO login page to login. Instead they want user to be able to login through Salesforce login page. (It looks better)

I have looked into using Delegated Authentication service but that doesn't seem to be the right solution since the SOAP method call only passes username/password/ip. There isn't enough information to log the user in. I need the HttpRequest object to sign in the user.

Any suggestions? I'd really appericate it.

thanks

PingConnectPingConnect

Your client's SSO use case can be supported by PingConnect: http://www.pingidentity.com/products/pingconnect.cfm

Users would be authenticated by PingConnect, once logged into SalesForce.com, and a SAML assertion would be generated and sent to Varicent.

For more information please call (303) 468-2882.