function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shabs786521Shabs786521 

Binding custom object with Territory management.

Hi,  I have created a custom object in salesforce called SalesOrder which allows users to create SalesOrders. The issue is a user associated with a territory cannot view the records(salesorders) created by a user of the same territory though he has been assigned to the same territory with same rules.  I have checked the rules and workflows and made sure that both the users have the same sharing rules.  A User above this user in a role Hierarchy cannot view, create, update, salesorder records created by users underneath it. Once again i have checked all the sharing rules and the territory management side and all seems ok.  I have been told that custom objects cannot be linked to territory management and the records created within a custom object cannot be segregated to users.  Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks Shabs 
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sgoldberRHsgoldberRH

Have you tried creating a sharing rule?   

Setup - > Security Controls - > Sharing Settings - > Manage Sharing Settings For SalesOrder - > New (Sharing Rule)  ?

Maybe this will work for you.  

All Answers

sgoldberRHsgoldberRH

Have you tried creating a sharing rule?   

Setup - > Security Controls - > Sharing Settings - > Manage Sharing Settings For SalesOrder - > New (Sharing Rule)  ?

Maybe this will work for you.  

This was selected as the best answer
Shabs786521Shabs786521

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I will try this out and let you know about the outcome of this.

Shabs