function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PranaliPranali 

Live Agent Customizations

Hi,

I am currently using the Salesforce Live Agent. I have successfully setup the administrator and the operator accounts and am able to establish the chat from a site that is Customer Portal enabled.

What I need is to display the logged in user name and context on the operator console when a chat invite is accepted by the operator. Currently it displays the name as  "visitor:" beside the visitor's message. Can I have the name of the Logged in User here. Also I need the contact associated with the User to be displayed. How do I establish the connection with my salesforce org so that I can achieve this.

I also need to route the chat to the appropriate operator based on certain parameters of the logged in user. Ex I need to route the chat to the account owner of the visitor. I can see only the default routing(based on departments) and a way to route based on their current chat activity. Is there any other way to specify custom routing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

JonAnianoJonAniano

Pranali,

Glad you're working on a Live Agent implementation. Seems like you have a lot of questions here. Let me try to address them one by one:

1. Need to change the display name from visitor to customer name.

Unfortunately, you can't do this in the current Live Agent product. See the following IdeaExchange posting, feel free to promote the idea and comment there as well: http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000aHS4AAM

2. Need to "screen pop" the contact record when a chat request comes in.

This can be done. Please see the documentation for "Auto-Query" found within the CRM Chatlet Guide. A link to this guide can be found on the home page of the Live Agent Account Dashboard. You'll be able to screen-pop a contact record based on data you pass in the background, or data that the visitor submits in a pre-chat form.

3. Need to route the chat to a specific agent using custom routing logic

Currently, you can only route live agent chats based on the standard routing methods provided. These routing methods do not let you choose a specific agent, only a "department" (aka "skill group"). You could create a separate department for each Operator, effectively giving each Operator his or her own routing group, which you can assign to a button for each Operator. Then, you can display a specific Operator's button to a user based on their logged in profile or based on answers to some questions you display to the user in a form on your webpage. This would require some custom logic built either client-side (in javascript) or server side on your end. There is no other current way to achieve this custom routing model. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon

PranaliPranali

Thanks Jon!

I did promote the idea. Thanks for the other suggestions they worked fine!....Though the routing cannot be entirely based on some custom logic but the seperate departments and the fallback department setting works to some extent.

Thanks,
Pranali

Mohith Kumar ShrivastavaMohith Kumar Shrivastava

Jon, my requirement is to provide priority routing to a visitor based on his subscription. So, for example, if the visitor is a "gold" customer then LiveAgent should bring him ahead of the "Standard" customers although he arrived in the chat queue after my "standard" customers. Could this be done?

JonAnianoJonAniano

Hi Mohit,

There's no current way to alter the position in the queue of an incoming chat.

However, a best practice here would be to route these to a separate queue (or, Department) which is dedicated to these high-priority or "gold customer" chats. You can do this by displaying a different button to gold customers.

This ensures consistent service for both of your customer tiers.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jon

InteractiveLogicInteractiveLogic

Hi guys... I know this is an old thread, but I'm having difficulty locating the "Departments & Operators" section of the Accounts Dashboard. Come to think of it I don't seem to have an Accounts Dashboard. Am I missing something in our basic configuration? It seems like it should be very easy to get Live Agent going but it's proving a challenge just because of this roadblock.

Thanks in advance!

Huma ZafarHuma Zafar

Hello, 

i am working on Live Agent Implementation, i want to do routing based on regions. i know i would have to use different buttons for each region. but what if a global company is using live agent, will they have to create separate chat buttons for all the regions? 

is there any other way of implementating this scenario?

Huma ZafarHuma Zafar

one more thing... how can i go to my live agent account dashboard? i dont have any live agent account other than my salesforce user account on my sandbox.

please help!

360venky360venky

Hi JonAniano,

I have gone through all your post's.I hope you can able to understand my issue.

I'm setup salesforce Live chat..

I'm having problem in live chat button visible.The code added to footer & the chat button is added I have pasted the code.

The button is added on the side bar at the top. I have removed the old chat button code added to the content in that page. But the chat button is not visible. ...More over its prompting me to a page to sing up Account Dashboard Account.Please check the below links

https://depot.liveagentforsalesforce.com/app/operator.php

https://dashboard.liveagentforsalesforce.com/login/auth

Here i have some links (https://dashboard.liveagentforsalesforce.com/support/Buttons-Links/how-to/58).In this link they are stating that i should have Live agent Account Dashbord accounut.I have login in to that account & i have copy some code and merge in my button code.Do i have really do that.(https://dashboard.liveagentforsalesforce.com/account/dashboard)....

I have gone through the Live agent Implementation guide/Live Agent Developer guide...Still i didn't find any resolution...Please help in fixing  the issue.

Live agent integrationLive agent integration

Hi,

I am very new to salesforce. I got a task of Integration of webchat with sales force.

I have gone through Live Agent Implementation Guide and followed the steps.

I have created one app in Service cloud console and enabled Live agent in that app settings.

In Set up -> Home page components ->  i have created a deployment and a chat button and pasted the code together in Home page component to display it under home page of customer login in service cloud console as follows.

<h1>Welcome</h1>
Thank you for contacting customer support
<!-- START Button code -->
<a id="liveagent_button_online_5739000000004vT" href="javascript&colon;//Chat" style="display: none;" onclick="liveagent.startChat('5739000000004vT')"><!-- Online Chat Content --></a><div id="liveagent_button_offline_5739000000004vT" style="display: none;"><!-- Offline Chat Content --></div><script type="text/javascript">
if (!window._laq) { window._laq = []; }
window._laq.push(function(){liveagent.showWhenOnline('5739000000004vT', document.getElementById('liveagent_button_online_5739000000004vT'));
liveagent.showWhenOffline('5739000000004vT', document.getElementById('liveagent_button_offline_5739000000004vT'));
});</script>

<!-- END Button code -->

<!-- Deployment code -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://c.la1t1.salesforceliveagent.com/content/g/deployment.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
liveagent.init('https://d.la1t1.salesforceliveagent.com/chat', '5729000000004Zw', '00D90000000jC5k');
</script>

I have added one user in customer portal and in home page it is displaying the message and chat button also. But IT is showing Offline and not allowing me to click.But I am on line under service cloud console and opened customer portal in another browser with one customer login but it is displaying Off line image.

Can you please guide me ont his how to make customer chat with live agent

Praveen JaswalPraveen Jaswal

Is there a way that we can make Chat Transcripts available to Portal Users on Customer Portal.

Pathan SPathan S
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was no case associated with the latest chat...how can i solve.plz help me.i did chta also..an when i transfor  it will be show no agent currently availableUser-added image
Archana Kalburgi Sriram 6Archana Kalburgi Sriram 6
Hi, I have created a custom prechat form using aura componenet where firstname and lastname is prepopulated from contact object based on the Emplid which is on the other third party domain where I have embedded the code snippet from salesforce 'embedded service deployment' - 'Chat Deployment' - 'Embedded Service Code Snippets'code.
When I log into my portal and open the chat the firstname and lastname filed is prepopulated along with Emplid, now when i got to community to check my inquires and come back to the portal and click on Chat button prechat form openes only with start button on it but other fields will not visible.
This issue is happening only on chrome browser but works fine on Firefox. I opened case with support but they said 'this error occurs by using the customized chat. Salesforce can not support customized chat, it will be out of our scope for us to reproduce the issue. So please use the standard functionality for the chat. which is provided by the salesforce"