function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jalbanojalbano 

Hiding tab from all but admin

I've created a package that includes a new tab. I'd like the tab to only appear for admin users. When creating the package, I believe I'm setting the permissions appropriately to do this -- but no matter who I log in as, the tab is available on the "tabs" page. Is there a way to achieve what I'm after?

Thanks,

John

RiddiRiddi

Go to the relevant profile (manage users>profile>?)

Edit and change the appropriate tab setting to be Tab Hidden (it will probably be at default on).

jalbanojalbano

But if I put this package in the App Exchange, I want it to just install correctly without the admins needing to tweak things afterwards.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Tweaking is still a required step; during installation, administrators choose whom has access to which features of a package. After all, who are you to say what qualifies as an 'admin' in the org? Maybe there are no 'System Administrator' users, just users using a custom profile, or maybe they have different types of admins, and only certain ones should be able to configure your app. Ultimately, the installer of the application has to make this decision, and there's no convenient way to automate this.