function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mdelgadomdelgado 

Cannot assign Account reference from Opportunity to a Custom module

Hello,

I've implemented a custom button to redirect a user from Opportunity to my custom module (Project).  I am trying to pass the Opportunity account reference as a URL parameter to my project, but it is not working (btw passing the Opportunity name seems to be working).  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

URLFOR("/" + $ObjectType.Project__c + "/e", null, [RecordType="012M00000008ZW3",ent="01IC000000j3Bl",Account__c=Opportunity.Account,Name=Opportunity.Name], true)

thanks,

Mirko

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can use

{!URLFOR( $Action.Account. Project__c, id )}

For more detail follow the below link

http://www.scribd.com/doc/58905105/78/URLFOR

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

goabhigogoabhigo

Not sure whats wrong, but try Opportunity.AccountId ?

mdelgadomdelgado

Hi,

I believe I tried that and it did not work.  I think the problem is with the Account__c field.  It is not recognized.

I used view source to see the name of the field being populated is CF00NC00000051enQ_lkid.  If I change Account__c to CF00NC00000051enQ and change the other value from Opportunity.Account to OpportunityAccountId, the id value is populated for the account name on the form.

Any other ideas, anyone?

thanks,

Mirko

goabhigogoabhigo

Ok, can you post the code for the form (Project). I believe on clicking a button in Opportunity, this VF is opened, am I right?

Also try this,

CF00NC00000051enQ_lkid = Opportunity.AccountId,CF00NC00000051enQ=Opportunity.Account.Name,Name=Opportunity.Name

CF00NC00000051enQ must be the id of the Account lookup in Project object. lkid means lookup id.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can use

{!URLFOR( $Action.Account. Project__c, id )}

For more detail follow the below link

http://www.scribd.com/doc/58905105/78/URLFOR

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer