function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
miguelgmiguelg 

create case report

Hello,

I'm strugling to create a report to list all cases that were owned by two diferent queues. I tried Case History or Case Lifecycle but can't get what I need. 

Is this even possible? It seems salesforce support can't help me...

Thank you! 

M

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

What if your report brought back all Cases and you put a filter on the "Case Owner" field with a "contains" operator?

-Andy

miguelgmiguelg

That only returns the actual case owner. 

I need cases that were owned by two diferent queues at some point in the case history:

1. case craete and sent to queue A

2. agent accepts case

3. agent escalates case to queue B

I need to return all cases that were owned by queue A and B.

That would be a Case History report - once you nail down the pattern of what constitutes a change, you can institute OR logic in your report under Add / Filter Logic.  In the Logic section, you can designate your filters to have AND or OR operands.

-Andy

miguelgmiguelg

thanks for the help Andy.

I've tried that too :( the logic would be:

Case History Owner = Queue A

and

Case History Owner = Queue B

but this returns zero results.

On the other hand:

Case History Owner = Queue A

or

Case History Owner = Queue B

returns too much info. cases only owned by Queue A, or owned by Queue B, or both. 

What if you filtered on the Field / Event field (instead of the Case Owner field) and did an AND Old Value != New Value?  Then you could group it up on Case Id?

RevJoelRevJoel

The only way you could do this suggestion would be through a report run against an Analytic Snapshot since you don't have the ability to filter on Old Value and New Value straight from cases. I tried.

Currently, I am attempting to do the same thing and have discovered that the Analytic Snapshot is the only way you can filter on Old Value New Value. Here is what helped me:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000005966&language=en_US

This was my starting point. Now the challenge is that in the report I am running from the Analytic Snapshot, how do I sum up the total number of cases that have had either Tier 2 or Tier 3 as an owner? I am struggling to get the total # of unique cases as each case would have multiple owners and lines.

For example, here's what my report looks like. You will notice several cases have multiple lines because a case changes ownership several times throughout it's lifecycle:

Case #          Old Value         New Value

0005676        Tier 1                Susan Smith

0005676        Susan Smith    Tier 2

0005677        John Turney     Tier 2

0005677        Tier 2                David Hahn

0005677        David Hahn      Tier 3

How would I run a column or formula against this analytic snapshot that would give me the total count of unique cases that have been owned by either Tier 2 or Tier 3?

Thanks!!

Joel