function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
samthakur74samthakur74 

Error Bulk upload custom objects using Apex Data loader: Storage limited exceeded

Hello,

Wheni try to bulk upload 25,000 records of a custom (employee) object i get errors stating storage limits exceeded. I have ensured that there are no employee objects in salesforce (using data laoder delete). I ensured that recycle bin has been emptied. My batch size is 200 while using the data loader

Now, when i try the same operation using a java client and bulk upload API the upload works perfectly, with no errors upto 100,000 records.

Does anyone know why i get this error only while using the apex data loader?

regards

Sameer

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

“Storage limits exceeded” this error will come when the space allocated to the object has been occupied .please Check the storage usage of your object employee by following the below steps

Step-> Administration Setup-> Data Management-> Storage Usage

If the size is available try again upload the data uing data loader.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

samthakur74samthakur74

Hello,

Thank you for responding. My question is why do i get this error only while using data loader? When i use a java client using bulk api to upload the same data i can upload upto 100,000 records without any "storage exceeded" problems. Using the Apex dataloader i run into issues with only 25,000 records

regards

Sameer

samthakur74samthakur74

I was going over the storage limit in both cases (using bulk API and dataloader). I think i got lucky with the bulk API. I could not repeat inserting even 25k records yesterday, using bulk API. Both approaches failed at differing percentages of exceeding the free 5MB mark. The confusion arises because the "storage exceeded error" does not appear immediately after storage is exceeded. It could appear after 15MB is used or 100 MB (over the default free of 5MB).

Conclusion: The storage exceeded error will appear irrespective of using bulk api or apex data loader for inserts once the data storage allocated for that user account is exceeded. One needs to buy more storage! Thanks Sameer

Kumar Saurav 10Kumar Saurav 10

Hi,

Are you looking for large file Storage in Salesforce..?
We got a solution for you…!

Here you may be interested in knowing about appexchange native app Cloud Drop which is having this feature.

For more details check:
http://www.clouddrop.io

Check Out the following URL for application:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0

Regards,
Kumar Saurav