function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfcksfck 

Logging Calls against Contacts

If I go to the "Activity History" related list on a Contact record and click "Log a Call" to create a call activity, the call does not appear in the related list. I can use the "Related To" lookup to relate the call to another object, but I cannot seem to get it to show up against the Contact.

It would seem to me that a contact is exactly where you want to put a call  - am I missing something?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Make sure you are filling the Name and Related To field on the log a call page. The log a call always display in the Activity History Related list as a complete task.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Make sure you are filling the Name and Related To field on the log a call page. The log a call always display in the Activity History Related list as a complete task.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
sfcksfck

Hi,

I am trying to relate the call to a contact but all that appears in Related To are other objects. When I relate it to another object it appears on the activity list of that object as expected

Thanks