function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MendyRMendyR 

The strangest bug

I have a standard contracts object and a standard accounts object in my org. A custom field checkbox in my contracts object will, when true, send an email template notification. This rule works flawlessly, except in one particular case. It is a complete mystery. The one exception is contracts associated with an account I have named "Richard Coren." (No quotes. Just Richard Coren.) The notification absolutely will not work with that named account, nor will it work if I clone the account, or if I create another account also named, "Richard Coren." If I change one letter in the account name -- for example, if I change the account name to Richard Scoren --  then the rule works again. I have explored every possibility and shared this conundrum with colleagues more experienced than myself, and yet none of has been able to solve this mystery. 

Guesses anyone?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
nylonnylon

This is just a guess but "Richard Coren" includes "hard Core" so your email spam filter or something might remove the email before it gets to your inbox.

All Answers

nylonnylon

This is just a guess but "Richard Coren" includes "hard Core" so your email spam filter or something might remove the email before it gets to your inbox.

This was selected as the best answer
raseshtcsraseshtcs

You can check the system log to identify if the workflow rule which sends the email is working or not. If the workflow is working the problem could be because of what the person posted above.

MendyRMendyR

You are brilliant! I wasn't considering the spam option since the email doesn't even make it into my junk folder, but clearly my company has a filter above Outlook's junk filter -- must have been caught in a net somewhere in the network.