function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rzsrzs 

Is it possible to copy/move an app from one developer account to another ?

Hello,

I have an application built in my developer organization which is on spring 10, where i need access to the Quotes standard object provided by salesforce.But since existing developer accounts on spring 10 dont have the Quotes standard object yet,i had to sign up for a new developer account to get access to it.

So, now is it possible to move/copy my application from my previous developer organization to the new one ?. Any ideas on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Yes it is achievable via use of eclipse IDE. You have to checkout your existing project in eclipse, then in that project you can select the components you wish to deploy on to your new org and deploy them to your new org.

I have done it several time, though at times there may be issues due to conflict of names, but on the whole it is a good way to transfer contents on org to another.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

rzsrzs

Thanks for the reply Ispita. I checked out my project in Eclipse. Then i right clicked on the project name and went to Force.com->Deploy to server . Is this correct ?

Then i entered my username,password,security token and then clicked on Next. Now,its asking me for the Project Archive and Destination Archive. What are these ?

Please help.

Thank You.

NBlasgenNBlasgen

I think if you Google around a little, you'll find the information on how to migrate an app from one Dev Org to another.  It's been posted around quite a bit.

But personally I do it another, low tech way.  I create a non-managed package and simply deploy it to the oher development org.  It copies everything I want over and when there are updates I just update the package and reinstall it.

incuGuSincuGuS

Those are for creating backups, there should be a NEXT button enabled.

Try to continue following the Wizard, until you get a list of the modifications to be done to the target org.

First try "Validate Deployment" button, this tries to validate the deployment without making any changes to target org, once thats succesful , deploy.

Hope this helps you.

Gaston.