function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JT-FloridaJT-Florida 

How do I remove the [change] text link from page layouts for specific profiles

How do I remove the [change] text link from page layouts for specific profiles, but still allow the record owner to edit the rest of the fields? We want only specific users to be able to reassign Leads, Accounts, etc.

I've turned off all of the Admin & General permissions on the profile. The only way I can remove [change] is to not allow edit rights on the object, which then makes the entire record read only.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

jt

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

You can create different Page Layout for the profile for whom you don't want to give the ability of changing the Case/Account Owner and from that layout remove the field "Case Owner" . This way the change text will not appear.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

JT-FloridaJT-Florida

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post!

That makes perfect sense. Can this also be done on Leads? I've created the new page layout, locked down the owner field, created a record type to associate to the page layout... but, I'm not being successful.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

jt

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Yes it can be done with lead too, please do elaborate the ssue being faced by you, so that I can suggest a solution.

Anik GuptaAnik Gupta
This can also be achived by making the owner field as "read" only in page layout.