function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RajManiaRajMania 

can capture outbound emails as activities

Is any SFDC plugin available, which will capture outbound emails as activities. My requirement is when workflow send notification to user, the email should be stored in SFDC too.

Thanks,

Raj

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

A  workflow rule can have more than 1 Workflow Action. So 1 of the action may be to set a field say EmailSentFlag =1 in case while other sends out the Outbound Message.

Now you can have a trigger on Case which will fire on update check if the EmailSentFlag is set to 1 , if yes create an activity of the fields say in case object which were sent in the Outbound Email and reset the EmailSentFlag to 0.

Only issue will be that there is no way to ensure that the email is sent first then the firld update Action is fired.

Alternatively the whole functionality can be implemented via visual force and Apex.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

RajManiaRajMania

Thanks Ispita,

I need some more info, how can I create the activities for the email which is executing through workflow, I want in the same way, like if we click send email, then mail dispaches and a entry stored in acivities, from where we can view email any time.

I came to know there is some plugin which automatically perform this task, not able to find, any help will be appreciated.

Please send if you have any link related to this

Thanks,

Raj

NBlasgenNBlasgen

So when a Workflow is fired to send an email, you're right: it doesn't update the activity history (at least I'm not aware of how to easily do that).  What our organization does is have the Workflow also create a completed task that says "Sent email template".  That seems to meet our needs.  As the previous person says, a workflow item can do multiple tasks (send email, log activity, etc) at once.