function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NPMNPM 

How to Clean out Pages, Components, Classes

I am not a developer but we had a developer create some Classes, Components and Pages for us in late 2008 that we put into but never used in production and do not plan to use anytime soon or ever.  We would like to export these out of our production org.  We see where we can download Classes to our file system and then we could delete the classes, but see nothing similar for Pages and Components.  How can we export the Pages and Component so we can also delete them from out production Org? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
imuinoimuino

Did this solved your problem? In that case mark the post as completed please, if not let me know how i can help you.

All Answers

imuinoimuino

Download your production org to a new eclipse project it will download all the data to your disk, on workspace directory.

If you dont want to download all the data you can choose individual elements.

So, create a new project on Eclipse, choose the data you want to download. Go to your Eclipse workspace folder choose your new project folder and then in the src folder you'll find all the data you downloaded previously.

NPMNPM

So it seems clear from your response that I need to download and install Eclipse, which I do not currently have.  So I download it from http://www.eclipse.org/  follow your direction and I'm good to go correct?

Thanks

imuinoimuino

You will find allthe information about the IDE in this page including the download link.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE

You should have it installed if you are developing salesforce applications.

imuinoimuino

Did this solved your problem? In that case mark the post as completed please, if not let me know how i can help you.

This was selected as the best answer