function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrianHBrianH 

Issues Uploading Attachments to Salesforce

A number of our Salesforce users are running into issues when uploading attachments to Accounts/Opportunities/etc.  Salesforce just "locks up" on them when uploading the attachment.  They eventually close their browser, reopen Salesforce, and find that the attachment did in fact get uploaded.  We aren't sure why Salesforce would be locking up like this.

My initial thoughts were that these users are scattered across the country and don't necessarily have the best internet connections (upload speeds).  However, the attachment does seem to make it up, it just seems to be that Salesforce quits responding after this.

Has anyone run into similar issues or have any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

No I didn't encounter this type of problem, but by locking do you the user was not able to login or something else? Was the quantum data a lot? Or simply this is happening with upon of a single instance of attachment. Internet connection may be an issue now-a-days as some service providers are hit by a disruption of a connection line in Italy .

BrianHBrianH

By "locking up" I mean that the cursor turned to an hour glass and the browser became unresponsive.  This has been happening after clicking the "done" button when uploading an attachment.