function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vagishvagish 

How to open Source_en_US_2011-03-08 1240.stf file??

Hi,

can anyone tell me, how to open this file in our computer to see its content?

It is an exported source file.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NBlasgenNBlasgen

I somewhat wish you would write more than a single sentence.  No, I haven't used Translation Workbench, but as a certified Salesforce developer I have access to some other things which you may not.  What I would like you to do is to explain where you found the file, what steps you took.  Then I'll try to reproduce the same steps and see if I can help you.

But since you mentioned Translation Workbench, I decided to give that a once over.  So it exports in the format you said:

S—Source export option, for example: Source_en_US_2010-09-23_11:20.stf.

And there is another note on the export page that says:

Source - Produces one .csv file that contains all of the text that is translatable

So rename your STF to CSV and it should open just fine in Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc.

All Answers

NBlasgenNBlasgen

Where did you find such a strange file?  Based on a Google search it's either something to do with MS Acess or it's some other very strange formats liek FileMaker.  I also wondered if it was STUFF IT.

vagishvagish

Did u ever used translation workbench??

NBlasgenNBlasgen

I somewhat wish you would write more than a single sentence.  No, I haven't used Translation Workbench, but as a certified Salesforce developer I have access to some other things which you may not.  What I would like you to do is to explain where you found the file, what steps you took.  Then I'll try to reproduce the same steps and see if I can help you.

But since you mentioned Translation Workbench, I decided to give that a once over.  So it exports in the format you said:

S—Source export option, for example: Source_en_US_2010-09-23_11:20.stf.

And there is another note on the export page that says:

Source - Produces one .csv file that contains all of the text that is translatable

So rename your STF to CSV and it should open just fine in Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc.

This was selected as the best answer
vagishvagish

Hi,

Thank you so much. My single line writing way was wrong, I apologies for that.

Thanks a lot.

Rashmi Aurora 17Rashmi Aurora 17
@vagish Did you find the solution to open the stf file, as I am using Translation workbench and cannot seem to open it either.
Amr Shehata 24Amr Shehata 24
rename your STF to CSV and it should open just fine in Microsoft Excel