function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sales4cesales4ce 

Export the scheduled report in a excel as an attachment.

Hi,

I need if we can export the scheduled report as a excel file.

It now sends the report to your email directly.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

BlasgenBlasgen

Use a few more sentences to explain what you want.  Exporting a report as CSV is fairly easy, even as an automated program.  You need to login via the API, get the Session ID and SOAP Location URL.  Then you can fetch the report by setting a login cookie with the SID.  If you're familar with an application like CURL and you're familar with the Force API, it's something that takes an hour or two to create.

sales4cesales4ce

Thanks for your reply!

As you know that we can schedule reports and salesforce send you the report to your email in the html format.

I wanted tho tweak this and see if we can send the same report to the Public group as an Attachment rather than being sent out in the HTML format.

All i want is to schedule reports and then send them as a xls or csv to the users of a public group.

Can you step me through the process in more detail.can i build this within salesforce or should i go with any external tools?

Thanks for your help on this.

Sales4ce

NBlasgenNBlasgen

Might be a bit complicated but it works:

http://sfdc-heretic.warped-minds.com/2006/04/10/progmatic-access-to-salesforcecom-reports/

Again, this requires some knowlege that you may or may not have.  Basicly you're acting like a logged in user who goes and presses the Export button.  Then you can do whatever you want with the CSV file that Salesforce sends back to you.