function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
spielsspiels 

Data Loader - importing contacts & accounts

I want to use the Data Loader UPSERT function to upload contacts and accounts. Some are new, some have updated data in them. I'm using an external ID as the match. However when I'm mapping the fields I can't find the contact name AND the account name. Does this make sense? I'm not using the standard 'Import My Organizations Accounts and Contacts' as I want to import them using an external ID.

Thoughts???

Thanks...Scott

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RajanJasujaRajanJasuja

Hi,

In all lookups fields at User interface (Salesforce page) it looks like Name. But internally it is managed by Id only. So if you are uploading Contacts then you will not get Account Name field on Contact.

You will get an AccountId field with which you will map your accounts external Id field and then upload the contact data. This will show the account name automatically on Contact detail page.

Cheers!

Rajan    

All Answers

RajanJasujaRajanJasuja

Hi,

In all lookups fields at User interface (Salesforce page) it looks like Name. But internally it is managed by Id only. So if you are uploading Contacts then you will not get Account Name field on Contact.

You will get an AccountId field with which you will map your accounts external Id field and then upload the contact data. This will show the account name automatically on Contact detail page.

Cheers!

Rajan    

This was selected as the best answer
spielsspiels

Thanks for the clarification!