function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SujitMandalSujitMandal 

how custom field be included in the Report search condition?

Hi,

I have a custom field on task object.i have also create a report including that custom field,Now i want to search some value based on that custom field in report.

can any one help me for this.

thanks in adv.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
qsdunnqsdunn

I'm not sure I understand what it is you want to do; could you clarify what you mean by "search some value" and how

that would be "based on" you custom field.

A couple of suggestions, just from what I can guess at:

1) Create a Report over Tasks, showing the field that you wish to search (lets call it "DesiredField").

Add a custom filter to the Report (using the Add button towards the top of the Filter panel in the Report Builder) which specifies that

myCustomField equals foo

where "myCustomField" is the name of your custom field and "foo" is some appropriate value for that field.

This will result in a list showing only those Tasks where myCustomField is equal to foo (including the DesiredField value for each Task).

2) Create a Report over Tasks, showing the field that you wish to search (lets call it "DesiredField").

Change the format of the Report from Tabular to Summary (using the drop-down list currently marked "Tabular Format" towards the top of the Preview Panel).

Drag-and-drop myCustomField into the blue box marked "Drop a field here to create a grouping".

This will result in a list showing all Tasks (including DesiredField) group according to the value in myCustomField.

Are either of these 2 options anything like what you're trying to do?

All Answers

VK86VK86

Hi Alex Ann,

This looks pretty straight forward.

Just follow these steps and you'll be good.

Create new Custom report --> Select Category 'Activities' --> Select Report Type 'Tasks and Events' --> Add Filter --> Select Custom field from 'Activity: Custom Info' section and apply your filter logic for that custom field.

--VK

qsdunnqsdunn

I'm not sure I understand what it is you want to do; could you clarify what you mean by "search some value" and how

that would be "based on" you custom field.

A couple of suggestions, just from what I can guess at:

1) Create a Report over Tasks, showing the field that you wish to search (lets call it "DesiredField").

Add a custom filter to the Report (using the Add button towards the top of the Filter panel in the Report Builder) which specifies that

myCustomField equals foo

where "myCustomField" is the name of your custom field and "foo" is some appropriate value for that field.

This will result in a list showing only those Tasks where myCustomField is equal to foo (including the DesiredField value for each Task).

2) Create a Report over Tasks, showing the field that you wish to search (lets call it "DesiredField").

Change the format of the Report from Tabular to Summary (using the drop-down list currently marked "Tabular Format" towards the top of the Preview Panel).

Drag-and-drop myCustomField into the blue box marked "Drop a field here to create a grouping".

This will result in a list showing all Tasks (including DesiredField) group according to the value in myCustomField.

Are either of these 2 options anything like what you're trying to do?

This was selected as the best answer
SujitMandalSujitMandal

Thanks every one for helping me.

Using Filters features We can implement the search. 

I have achieve this requirement by this.