function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VK86VK86 

Partner Portal - Delete Access for Standard Object records

Hello all,

I want to have the 'Find Duplicates' button for the Leads accessed by partner portal users.

For this, i am aware that the the portal user profile should have 'Delete' access on the object.

I see that we can provide delete access to custom objects but not standard objects. Is partner portal set up in this way (without delete access) by SFDC or am i missing something?

I dont want to install any third party de-dupe apps from AppExchange.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Yes you cannot have delete on Partner profile for standard objects the reason we setup this is for the thiird parties to see  our records or to modify it but not to delete them

VK86VK86

Thank you for replying Venu4790.

If sfdc doesn't provide delete access to standard object for portal users, will they be able to use any of the de-dupe apps?

I mean even merging two lead records will not be possible since it has to delete either one of the records.

Any suggestions regarding de-dupe apps for portal users?

Thanks,

VK

BA_AdminBA_Admin

I don't think you can install any apps in partner portal but enable one user as customer portal so if u delete them from customer portal then it should get deleted from partner portal, i guess yuu have created new page layout for partner portal for lead so you can try deleting from customer portal.

VK86VK86

hanks Venu!