function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlexPHPAlexPHP 

How can I tell what the limits are for my instance?

Is there a way to view what the limits are for a particular instance?

In particular, I want to know what my maximum Roll-Up Summary field limit is.  I know this can be requested to be increased by Salesforce, so the number for my instance may not be the default.

Thanks

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Hi Alex,

To know what are the limits of particular instance please see Limit Allowed , also to how many limit you have already consumed please see  Get Used Limits . As far as how many roll up summary fields are allowed then its 10 per object and there are many Ideas already posted to increase this limit e.g. Idea 1  Idea 2 .

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Prafull G.Prafull G.

Hi Alex,

You can view the limits from Help Docs. Topic - "Salesforce Editions and Limits"

https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=cs_limits.htm&loc=help&hash=topic-title

With Best,

AlexPHPAlexPHP

Hi Ankit

I don't think it is 10 per object for Roll-Up Summary fields.  I believe it is 10 per org, but it can get increased by SalesForce.  I counted the Roll-Up Summary fields in my Sandbox and it has 13 total, yet if I try to add any more, it tells me:

"Custom Roll-up Summary Field Limit Exceeded Unable to create custom roll-up summary field because it exceeds the maximum allowed: 10. For a complete list of these limits, see App Setup Limits in the online help. "

If I delete one of my existing ones and try to add one back, it gives me the same message.  Now I can't add it back!

Not really sure how I got it to be 13 in the first place. :(

AlexPHPAlexPHP

crmtech,

That link goes to:

Error:

The document was not found.

Prafull G.Prafull G.

my apologize.

The above link was from my developer edition help and training.

Please go the Salesforce Help and Training from your edition and try to seach with the string "Salesforce Editions and Limits". The first link will be the one which you are looking for.

regrads,

crmtech