function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VK86VK86 

DataLoader Error

Hello all,

I always insert/update thousand of records using the apex data loader v21.0

Today, when i performed the same thing, i got this strange error: "UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW:unable to obtain exclusive access to this record". Only a few of them were inserted and the others had this error.

I uploaded the unsuccessful records again and had this issue with more than half of the total records.

I had to perform the upload quite a few times to upload all the records.

Did anyone face the same issue before? if so, please let me know why this happens and what to do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,

VK

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

hey,

this could be due to a variety of causes, including :

most possible cause - you have triggers on the objects you are loading records into, which are firing and the consequent updates may be tripping over each other. a good example is lets say you're loading contacts, and there is a trigger on contacts which updates accounts, then if there are multiple contacts for the same account in the dataloader batch, this may result in a contention for update of the account record, esp if the trigger has not been optimized for bulk data.

VK86VK86

hello Ritesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I uploaded records to a custom object and this has no triggers.

Also, i used the bulk data upload option in the data loader to load the data.

--VK

nagalakshminagalakshmi

Hi Vk,

did you get the solution for this. I am also facing the same issue. But in parent object, i have rollup summery field.

Thanks