function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trictric 

IP Address and salesforce

Hi Friends, From the salesforce customer portal which is accessible to outside public, when somebody request something such as web service then which IP address is used .Is that customers IP address or salesforce IP address will be used to access web services from salesforce portal? Any reply will be highly appreciated? Thanks, Trick
Scott_VSScott_VS

If the callout is coming from the Salesforce server, then it will be probably be from the Salesforce IP address. If you are calling out from JavaScript, then it will be from the client.

trictric
Thanks for your reply, There is not javascript involved in it. I have visual force page which has iframe running in it.So when customer accesses this page on the customer portal then this page runs an apex class which is doing callout's to the ens point .We are using rest based web services and not the soap based web servuices. As per me ,apex class which is making Callouts is running on the Salesforce server,Is that correct?Please advise. Thanks, Trick
Srinivasa Rao Latchu 3Srinivasa Rao Latchu 3
Hi Guys, can some body advice me how can i fetxh the ip address when a customer logged as community user in salesforce lightning??