function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
benito dardobenito dardo 

What is included in a package

Hi,

I have modified some out of the box Cases view list and layouts, I have also added some values to a custom picklist.

Then I create a new package and install it into another org (an update of the same package). The thing is that those modifications didn't take effect in the org where I had installed the package.

2 questions:

Is this right ?

Is it possible to include these modifications in a package and so update the cases components of the other org ?

Thanks in advance.

Scott_VSScott_VS

List Views, Page Views, and Custom Fields can be included in a package.

Make sure that you add those items to the package you wish to update, and then make sure you upload a new version with those changes included.

benito dardobenito dardo

Scott_VS wrote:

List Views, Page Views, and Custom Fields can be included in a package.

Make sure that you add those items to the package you wish to update, and then make sure you upload a new version with those changes included.

Thanks for you reply !

Does it mean that by default they are not included, you have to add them manually ?

If that's the case, then what happened to me was normal, there was not impact on the org because I hadn't added those components when I created the package, right ?

I found this in the docs:

"Components Automatically Added to Packages

When adding components to your package, some related components are automatically added, if required. For example, if you add a Visualforce page to a package that references a custom controller, that Apex class is also added...

Custom settings

Apex sharing reasons, Apex sharing recalculations, Apex triggers, custom buttons or links, custom fields, list views, page layouts, record types, validation rules".

And also:

"Some related components are automatically included in the package even though they may not display in the Package Components list.".

So maybe because the above some list views or layouts were included automatically...

Scott_VSScott_VS

Try to manually add them. If they don't appear in the list of available options, then they may have been included automatically.