function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chiranthchiranth 

Picklist vale based on the formula field .

I have a picklist field called Type with the values 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.

I have one formula field calles status.

I need to display values 1,2,3,4 in Type Picklist field when status is open.

I need to display values 5,6,7,8 in Type Picklist field when status is closed.

I need to display values 9,10 in Type Picklist field when status is Re Opened.

Status is a formula field.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Madhan Raja MMadhan Raja M

By using formula field, we cannot change the picklist value. The best way is to use two picklist fields:

Open, Closed, Opened.

Type:

Goto> Field Dependencies and make Status as Controlling field and Type as Dependent field.

Madhan Raja M

All Answers

By using formula field, we cannot change the picklist value. The best way is to use two picklist fields:

Open, Closed, Opened.

Type:

Goto> Field Dependencies and make Status as Controlling field and Type as Dependent field.

Madhan Raja M

This was selected as the best answer
chiranthchiranth
Can we make formula field as a controlling field?? Thanks and Regards, __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Chiranth Aradhya ______________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding

No, we cannot make the formula field as a Controlling field.

Madhan Raja M

Carrol NoronhaCarrol Noronha
Please could you let me know how this was resolved? I have a field 'Org type' on the Account. Based on the value selected in this 'Org Type' field on the Account. I want to populate a Controlling field on the Account - Contact relationship object. Is this possible? If this is not possible and we use a Formula field on the Account -Contact Relationship object which is populated with the value selected in this 'Org Type' field on the Account. Then how will I be able to populate a dependent picklist on the Account -Contact Relationship object?