function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnidevAnidev 

Functionality similar to Opportunity Products

Hi All,

I have created 2 custom objects Opportunity and Opportunity Products.

Now i want them to work exactly in the way standard Opportunity and Opportunity Products work.

As i have understood i will have to create - multilineitem.jsp for same.

Can anyone advice if this is correct?

if yes, any source i could look up to achieve aforementioned,

if no, where could i lookup the exact answer.

Many thanks in advance,

Ani

yvk431yvk431

First question why do you want recreate such a complex flow ?

If you still want to go ahead, first understand the relationships between all the object that are part of it.

opportunity, Opportunitylineitem, Product2, PriceBook2, PriceBookEntry

--yvk

AdrianCCAdrianCC

He probably has a limited sfdc edition that doesn't have access to Opportunity and its family...

There's also Quote and QuoteLineItem to consider if you need them.

You can do it through custom VF pages, but I don't know if it's the best solution. Maybe the Flow Tool can be used to create smth similar...

Thanks,

Adrian

AnidevAnidev

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

However as Adrian has said, i have a force.com multi app and donot have access to "opportunity" and associated objects,

hence this rigmarole.

I have create all the required objects though i am not sure wherein to start with the visualforce and apex query part.

Regards

Ani

AnidevAnidev

Hi Adrian,

You are absolutely correct.

Which object/s to write vf page/s upon is a question i have.

Thanks

Ani

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Well, this is your call. You should sit down with the client and look through the existing Oppty(and related stuff) pages from a developer org. Discuss with him what he wants, and more specificaly what he needs.

I, for one, would just create custom tabs for each object. No need for a custom VF page for example, for creating multiple oppty line items, when the user can just create them one by one from the New button on the opportunity line item related list.

VF pages are custom stuff. They need maintenance and a developer(not in all cases). Configuration only is much easier and can be handled by an admin or consultant after you hand over the project.

This is just my oppinion. 

Adrian

AnidevAnidev

Hi Adrian,

Appreciate your answer.

Sure, will take note of same.

Thanks once again.

Ani