function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kirkevonphillykirkevonphilly 

Task Subject - Picklist option limits

Hi all,

On the Task object, you can suggest Subjects (Setup --> Customize --> Activities --> Task Fields --> Subject --> Task Subject Picklist Values)

Is there a limit to the number of options or total text in these options, similar to a picklist field?

I know on a picklist field, you can have as many options as you want, as long as the total character count for all options doesn't exceed a certain number (255?).  Is the same true for the Task Subject field?

Thanks!

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

I am pretty sure it is the same for all standard picklists. Which I do beleive is 300?

PB

Can anyone confirm this?  It's not described as a picklist like the other standard fields.  I believe it was called a combobox.

I just created ten 100 character Status options, followed by another ten 255 character Status options w/o hitting any sort of limit.  However, each option can not exceed 255 characters.

Here are the limits for picklists:  http://na9.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/picklist_limitations.htm

I just tried to overload the Status picklist with more than 15,000 characters and I wasn't stopped at 15,000.  Seems like an exception.