function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anup-prakashanup-prakash 

Look up to user

Hi I have a requirement in which I have to give a lookup to user.. and I have given the create permission to a user but that user is not able to see the users List.. How to resolve?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Hi Anup,

If i understand it correctly, when you click on the User Lookup icon, a lookup window appears which does not have any users listed. But if you type a user name and then search for it, the user appears on the same lookup window.

Your requirement is to have a list of all the users by default on the lookup window so you could just scroll and select.

If this is your requirement, i dont think there is any standard functionality in salesforce for this. The Lookup window might list recently viewed users, but not all the users in your org.

Regards,

Satish Kumar

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

All Answers

anup-prakashanup-prakash
Just for Elaboration. I have a custom object and I have a look up on it to user Object.

I have created a profile on force.com Licence and assigned a user to that profile..

But this user is not able to see the users.. How to resolve any Idea?
AroraAnupAroraAnup

So if this Force.com user tries to search for a user record in the lookup, is he/she still not able to get any user records?

anup-prakashanup-prakash
No CloudKnight.. He is not getting any user.. I have three users.. Including the Admin.. But despite that it is not working.. Its not showing any Name...
AroraAnupAroraAnup

Do you have any custom fields created on the User? Can you check if the Force.com user has access to all the User fields? Normally if a user's profile does not have permissions to a field on the User, the records are not returned in the lookup search

Can you check and let me know?

anup-prakashanup-prakash
Thanks CloudKnight.. But unfortunately I do not have any custom field on the User Object.. I don't know but when I am typing the Name of any of the existing user then its listing that user or else no. SO this Is what I need to Do i guess.. its not listing them on its own neither with the help of "*"
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I think you should give read permission of user object on profile you created for your user  by which you are testing this scenario

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Hi Anup,

If i understand it correctly, when you click on the User Lookup icon, a lookup window appears which does not have any users listed. But if you type a user name and then search for it, the user appears on the same lookup window.

Your requirement is to have a list of all the users by default on the lookup window so you could just scroll and select.

If this is your requirement, i dont think there is any standard functionality in salesforce for this. The Lookup window might list recently viewed users, but not all the users in your org.

Regards,

Satish Kumar

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

This was selected as the best answer