function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforcequestions123salesforcequestions123 

Permissions for classes and triggers

Hi All

I just logged into salesforce edition but i want to write classes and triggers but i was surprised i cant find classes and triggers under develop.In which edition should i login so i can be able to write classes and triggers.

Avidev9Avidev9

Well if its a full fledged org! I mean a production Org. You cannot write directly Apex classes and triggers. You have a to create a sandbox and you can develop the same in sandbox.

have a look here http://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/data_sandbox_create.htm

Or alternative you can check “Author Apex" permission at user level. But I dont think this is the case, since you are able to see the classes list view and no new button I guess

souvik9086souvik9086

In Developer , sandbox organisation you can able to write classes and triggers by login under Develop. In production organisation you can add those but can view existing classes and triggers.

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Can you confirm which edition of Salesforce.com are you using? If this is a free edition, then you may want to check if you signed up for a Developer Edition or for a trial edition, which is a Professional Edition. Professional Edition does not support Apex and VF development, so you will not see this option under Setup.

If you can confirm the edition, maybe I can help you better.