function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
srikeerthisrikeerthi 

To get the Solutions based on Categories in Customer Portal

Hi

I am working with the Customer Portal,I have developed a VF Page to get the Solutions depending on the

Soluiton Category selected,It worked in my Dev box but in Customer Portal I got this Error

No such column 'Id' on entity 'CategoryNode'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. 

I am unable resolve this,is it not possible to query on CategoryNode in Customer Portal.If any one know about this,

Please help me....

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I have just used the query via visualforce page and not displayed any field on visualforce page. After surfing gathered some information which says "Customer Portal users cannot access this object".

Here is the link :

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_categorynode.htm

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Can you please paste your code here as I have tried using this query via visualforce page from both internal user and customer portal and in both cases its working fine for me.

List<CategoryNode> cat = [Select c.SystemModstamp, c.SortStyle, c.SortOrder, c.ParentId, c.MasterLabel, c.LastModifiedDate, c.LastModifiedById, c.Id, c.CreatedDate, c.CreatedById From CategoryNode c] ;

Thanks

Ankit Arora

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Ankit 

I am trying the same to get the Caterynode in my Organization it worked,but in through Customer Portal

I got the same error 

No such column 'MasterLabel' on entity 'CategoryNode'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. 

I am unable to get what is going wrong.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I have just used the query via visualforce page and not displayed any field on visualforce page. After surfing gathered some information which says "Customer Portal users cannot access this object".

Here is the link :

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_categorynode.htm

Thanks

Ankit Arora

This was selected as the best answer
srikeerthisrikeerthi

Thanks for your response.So i cannot access Category node in Customer Portal.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

For now "nope", but will try to get the workaround for this.

Thanks

Ankit Arora