function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Just Code ItJust Code It 

Delete Compoments from Production

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could share standard approach on deleting component (like triggers, class etc.) from production? I understand that we need to use Force.com IDE to do this. Is this the only way? Also, I keep getting timeout error from IDE when try to delete components from production (already set to 600 ms, max). Thanks so much in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The method for deleting components may be dependent on the original installation of the components. If you use the IDE to deploy components, then they can be deleted using the same method. If you install components via a package, you can typically just remove the package (UI feature). When possible, you should always attempt to use the packaging feature to simplify your deployment and possible subsequent removal of custom code and pages. Note that a timeout error may not necessarily mean failure, so you should check the logs later to see if there was a delayed success. It is also possible that you may be able to obtain logs to determine the actual cause of failure. I've seen deployment actions take up to 30 minutes to complete during peak usage, so you should be patient. Finally, if all else fails, try simplifying the code once so that there's less processing to go through before ultimately deleting the component entirely.