function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcbynitesfdcbynite 

links and graphics in signatures

Maybe this is a silly question, but I have noticed many people have links to their twitter account or blog or images of their SFDC certifications.

How do you add that? I don't see any options under Preferences except for a text area for signature and when I tried to add HTML (for links) I got an invalid HTML and it wiped it out. Am I missing something?

Also, does anybody know what exactly is the criteria to change s person's status from "Visitor" to "Regular Contributor" to "Trusted Contributor"? I thought it was just a certain number of posts, but then I'll someone with more posts and a status of Visitor and somebody with less posts and a status of Regular Contributor? Just curious.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I believe that Visitor vs. Regular Contributor vs. Trusted Contributor is a matter of Solutions Authored more than number of posts. I actually just noticed that I have been bumped up to Super Contributor at some point, and it did not coincide with a particular number of posts (e.g. 1500, which I passed a couple months back), so my (educated) guess would be the Solutions Authored attribute. You only get credit there if someone other than the poster marks the solution as accepted. This is one reason why I changed my signature a while back; credit should be given where credit is due.

I just tested configuring writing some HTML within the signature block, and it appears to have worked. Most likely, you simply entered invalid HTML code. You should limit yourself to presentational HTML 4 tags, and not use any tag that you can not legally place within a BODY tag, and, of course, do not use STYLE or SCRIPT tags (but STYLE attributes should be okay). Avoid using an HTML editor, and just write it yourself in Notepad.

Edit: I just found out by experimenting you have to keep the signature all on one line to use HTML. Use <br/> to add line breaks. 

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I believe that Visitor vs. Regular Contributor vs. Trusted Contributor is a matter of Solutions Authored more than number of posts. I actually just noticed that I have been bumped up to Super Contributor at some point, and it did not coincide with a particular number of posts (e.g. 1500, which I passed a couple months back), so my (educated) guess would be the Solutions Authored attribute. You only get credit there if someone other than the poster marks the solution as accepted. This is one reason why I changed my signature a while back; credit should be given where credit is due.

I just tested configuring writing some HTML within the signature block, and it appears to have worked. Most likely, you simply entered invalid HTML code. You should limit yourself to presentational HTML 4 tags, and not use any tag that you can not legally place within a BODY tag, and, of course, do not use STYLE or SCRIPT tags (but STYLE attributes should be okay). Avoid using an HTML editor, and just write it yourself in Notepad.

Edit: I just found out by experimenting you have to keep the signature all on one line to use HTML. Use <br/> to add line breaks. 

This was selected as the best answer
sfdcbynitesfdcbynite

thanks sfdcfox.

I tried the HTML again and it did work, so I probably mistyped something. And thanks for the insight to the status.

I'll mark this as solved. :robotwink: