function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cunninjacunninja 

Workflow from One Record Type to Another Record Type on same object?

Hey everyone,

We have a bunch of different case recrod types for different processes and I would like to be able to trigger a new task on "x" record type when a date field is populated on "y" record type. I haven't seen a way to do that with workflows. Is it possible or is there another way around it? Thanks.

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

So its the same object lets say cases.... And you have multiple record types for this object. There isnt two seperate records types for the same record. So I guess I am having a hard time understanding what the logic is here.

Record Type A / Type B - Case 001 can only belong to one record type at a time, there for I do not see how you can update recordtype A when somehing happens to B since it is only B, A doesnt exsist.

PB

cunninjacunninja

Hey PB,

thanks for thr reply. We have cases built out in advance for a monthly process. The first one, say record type "A" starts off on a time based workflow. Record type "B" does already exist, but ideally the first task on record type "B" would get fired off based off an input on the original record type "A". Thus i'd like to be able to somehow have a workflow that incorporates two record types on the same object. Just not sure if that's possible? Thanks for your help