function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PamSalesforcePamSalesforce 

Need help with knowledge articles versioning

Is there a way to maintain article versions in SFDC. Out-of-box Salesforce always displays the latest published version on the Knowledge article. So, say if a rep resolved a case and attached an article to a case on day1 and the article was updated and published on day3. On day4 when I view the case, the attached article will display the new value for the article. Is there a way to maintain versioning so that on day4 the article associated to the case should still display the article on day1 ?

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Hi,

Currently Salesforce Knowledge do not support versioning.

There will be a limited feature pilot program with the Winter release. The GA version (safe harbor) is targetted for Spring and will feature a full versionnig support, and case-article links will remember the version linked.

Etienne 

SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner

Hi,

Can u plz give the solution to the following questions.

1. Can we insert multiple Knowledge articles at a time using either salesforce customization or coding from system log or from apex class?

2. If it is possible list of articles insertion at a time, then how can i relate these articles to a particular case? While inserting any articlefrom system log it shows all fields which are in article is not writable? so as per my understanding, its not possible to insert bulkarticles or a single article from any apex code? is my understading correct?

3. To relate the articles to a case, i went through case related list -> articles section -> clicked on new button -> then i chosen anarticle type .................then i created a new article. Now this article created from case related list  is related to that particular case. But while going with any dataloader or any list insertion from code how can we related all the list of articles to case? here i can able to see  sourceid field on article, but its not useful to enter case id. Because all fields which are from articles object are not writable.? 

Please give your valuable reply.

Thanks