function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jh_amlnjh_amln 

Error message when importing articles

Greetings,

I'm getting the following error returned to me in the import log when attempting to import articles via Data Management:

[MESSAGE 9/6/2011 9:57 AM] -- Import Started --
[ERROR zip:FAQs.zip - 9/6/2011 9:57 AM] An unexpected failure during loading has caused the import to stop.

I have a zip file with a CSV and PDF attachments.  I've verified that the CSV is formatted properly via Excel and Notepad++.  My .properties file is as follows:

DateFormat=yyyy-MM-dd
DateTimeFormat=yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss
CSVEncoding=UTF-8
CSVSeparator=,

Has anyone seen this error before?  Is there any way to get more details on which row in the CSV may be failing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

jh

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jh_amlnjh_amln

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the reply.  A colleague of mine was facing the same issue; it turns out the root cause had to do with customization that was made on one of the required fields on the Articles object.  We removed the offending field from our CSV file and were able to import successfully.

Regards,

jh

All Answers

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi, 

Can you enter a support case because they will be able to access to error message and find the issue? 

Thanks,

jh_amlnjh_amln

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the reply.  A colleague of mine was facing the same issue; it turns out the root cause had to do with customization that was made on one of the required fields on the Articles object.  We removed the offending field from our CSV file and were able to import successfully.

Regards,

jh

This was selected as the best answer
Naveen KNNaveen KN

Effective ways to export articles from Salesforce sandbox 
https://www.codekiat.com/2020/04/export-knowledge-articles-salesforce.html 

--
Naveen K N