function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott BScott B 

Why does WSDL2Java create classes with _ ?

I am looking through the axis docs, and i don't see why this happens.   This is also the case with all of the samples, so just curious if there is a way to fix it.
adamgadamg
I think its a combination of the sforce WSDL style and the Axis proxies styles (.NET does some things differently); you shouldn't have to interact with the _ classes directly.
kevincarkevincar
I thought it was because the salesforce object names might conflict with existing classes /objects ("Case" is a keyword, etc.)

Message Edited by kevincar on 12-15-2003 05:14 PM

VinnieBVinnieB

My (admittedly weak) understanding of this is that '_name' classes are system-level classes, or auto-generated classes, that the user should never have to deal with directly.

The issue of the _case class is different.  'case' is a keyword in Java and other languages.  Thus, SalesForce has to use '_case' instead.

This is also different than the custom objects getting appended with underscores.  The reason for this is I can be assured that SalesForce will never add a new object that is named the same as mine.  I used to work where we recommended all custom tables and fields be appended with 'x_' to prevent such conflicts.

Just my $0.02.