function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Venk_ModelMetriVenk_ModelMetri 

Custom Related List on the account object

Two questions

1. Is there a way for an account object to have a custom related list attached to it?

2. Our customer wants to create activities and associate them to the account object. Is there a way to do it? (I understand that we have to call the update API on the account object. I don't know how to associate an activity with an account as I don't even see an activity object)

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi venk,

For the activity question it is a matter of symantics.  Activities can be tasks or events.  So when you are creating an activity you are creating a task or event.  Both of these objects have a WhatId field that should be set to contain the id of the Account or Opportunity etc.

As to related lists, I think that if you get to Step 6 of the add relation wizard on a custom object, you will see that you can in fact add a custom related list. This is from Step 6 of the wizard.

Add Custom Related List: Account Relation
To Page Layouts for: Account

Creating a Master-Detail relationship enables the Detail object to appear as a custom related list on page layouts for the Master object. Select the page layouts to which the Detail related list should be appended. To change the location of the custom related list on the page, you will need to customize the page layout.