function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhishek RayAbhishek Ray 

Changing ownership of a case ticket makes it not visible to users who created it

Hi,

I have a case ticketing system in place. When a user creates a case using ticket system in salesforce I have  an assignment rule that assigns the case to a user in a group -  Group A.  But once the ownership of the case changes from that person based on the rule, the case cannot be reviewed by the user who created the case and the following message is displayed. "Insufficient Privileges. Although the contact name of the ticket exist in the name of the person who created the ticket.  

How can i overwrite it to make cases created by the user visible even the ownership of case has been changed to a some other user ??

Thanks!

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Open up access to the sharing rules for cases, because they are not sharing currently.

OR....

Have the 1st user assign themselves as a case team member for that case.

Contact sharing rights only exisit to portal users not internal users.

PB

Abhishek RayAbhishek Ray

But how I can use sharing rule. I need to give access to a user who created the case. What criteria I will give or on what sharing setting will based on. I cannot assign to a group or roles?

I am basically saying give access to user who created the case. Where this criteria will come from in sharing rules?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

What I meant is to open up sharing completely, share all cases, not that you can write a rule for created users to be able to continue to follow.

It also depends on the rights to the accounts/contacts too, it sounds like the don’t have full access to the account that their contact is listed to, if that is your internal account you could possibly share all cases that are associated to that account.

There are several ways to get around it, just depends on your security needs really.

PB

Abhishek RayAbhishek Ray

Sorry PB, I might havn't explain properly. Here is scenerio. Sorry if it too big to read. Please help

A user creates a ticket and initially he is the owner of the ticket. The ticket is changed and passed to one of the member from legal team. Once the ticket owner is changed, the visibility issue comes in place.

Example: Tom creates the ticket. He is the current owner. He changed ownership to Brad.

1. Ticket owner (now legal users is the ticket owner after the ownership is changed) are able to view the ticket. {That works}

2. Now, the user who created the ticket should also have the visibility to the ticket which is not working. {Doesn’t work}

Example:

Case 0004931

Access Level

Ticket Owner

Brad

Read/Write

Created by

Tom

Cannot Read/Write

So both should have visibility access.

3. Now, visibility of ticket should belongs to only these 2 users not anyone else in the whole organization.

Example: Georage is an user in sales. Since he is nowhere attached to this ticket so he must not be able to see the ticket.

Case 0004931

Access Level

Ticket Owner

Brad

Read/Write

Created by

Tom

Read/Write

User

George

Should not Read/Write

Problem: What I am trying to solve. I tried. What is happening in my solutions: Either all (except Ticket Owner) is losing visibility or all is having visibility.

Thanks

Abhishel

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Did you try case teams? There is also manual sharing that can be performed, maybe a trigger that fires on Tom's profile to auto add him into the manual sharing rule? Not sure if that last one is even possible.

I understand your issue more now that I see the rest of the Tom's Team should not have visibility to that case. Like you said with sharing rules it will only go to a set of users.

PB